Yes you read that right. We have the perfect recipe for EGGLESS meringues! These aren’t as chewy as standard meringues but they’re delicious and you would never know they were egg free.
These are quick and easy to prepare and just take a couple of hours in the oven on a low heat. There’s not much more to say about these other than Enjoy! And we’re pretty sure everyone will.
- The liquid from 1 tin of chickpeas (roughly 190ml). This is also called aquafaba.
- 125g icing sugar.
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Preheat the oven to 130c and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- To start place the aquafaba into the bowl of a stand mixer of other large bowl. Use the whisk attachment of a stand mixer of hand held mixer and whisk on high speed for 10 minutes. The liquid will almost double in size and turn fluffy and white.
- Add the cream of tartar and vanilla and add the sugar a tablespoon at a time. Whisk until stiff peaks are formed.
- Spoon mounds of the mixture onto the prepared baking trays. As big as you like. The smaller the mounds the less time they will take to cook.
- Bake for 1-2 hours dependant on size. After the desired cooking time turn off the oven but leave the meringues inside for a further 1 hour to allow to cool slowly.
- Serve and enjoy!