I decided to search various recipes and try to find a quick and easy go to recipe for whenever we felt the need for cheesecake. But, there was very little out there that was a basic, quick version. And I for one don’t want to stand and soak and blitz cashew nuts just for a cheesecake!
So I decided to just dive in and use the same principles of a standard fridge set cheesecake and hope for the best. Well, I must say we definitely got the best. These little gems are so much more than I ever expected and have gone down a treat.
I can 99% guarantee you will like this!
These beautiful creations took about 25 minutes in total and created 6 individual cheesecake pots. Would easily make 1 6 inch cake.
- 200g biscuits. (We used a gluten, soya free and vegan biscuit we found in Aldi)
- 50g melted butter (we used vitalite)
- 200g vegan cream cheese (we used violife)
- 50g icing sugar (we used sukrin icing sugar alternative
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste (we used Nielsen and Massey)
- 180g fresh (or thawed frozen) blackberries. *Any tart berries would work*
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- Start by preparing your dish. We used individual glass pots which needed no prep. However if you’re using individual muffin tins or a large dish you will need to line them for easy removal.
- Crush the biscuits. Place the biscuits into a food bag and bash with a rolling pin or blitz in a food processor. I went with bashing with a rolling pin.
- Melt the butter then pour the crushed biscuits in and stir to combine thoroughly. It should come together and “stick”.
- Fill your dish/es with the biscuit base and press flat with the back of a spoon. Place into the refrigerator while you’re creating the cheesecake mixture.
- For the “cheese” filling place the cream cheese, icing sugar and vanilla paste into a large bowl and beat well with a wooden spoon until well combined.
- Remove the biscuit base from the refrigerator and top with the cheese filling. Place back in the refrigerator while you’re creating the fruit topping.
- In a small pan place the berries, lemon juice and chia seeds. Crush the berries lightly and heat over a medium heat until the mixture starts to simmer.
- Remove the cheesecakes from the refrigerator and top with the berry mixture.
- Return to the refrigerator and allow to chill for atleast 1 hour before serving.