This beautiful creation sits somewhere between cake and bread. It can be either and is absolutely delicious as either. Eat it cold with a cup of tea or warm slightly with some butter and jam. Absolutely delicious either way and incredibly moreish.
This is definitely going to be a favourite for a long time.
This recipe produces 1 large loaf cake and takes about 10 minutes to prepare and 45-50 minutes to cake.
- 300g Gluten free plain flour (as always we have used Doves Farm).
- 2 teaspoon Baking Powder (be sure to check it is gluten free).
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoon Ground Flaxseed
- 225g caster sugar
- 150g desiccated coconut
- 350ml dairy free milk (we used almond)
- 50ml sunflower oil
- Preheat your oven to 180c and prepare the loaf tin. You can grease with a little extra sunflower oil or use a spray oil. (We use a spray oil)
- Into a large bowl, sift the flour, baking powder and cinnamon. Add the flaxseed, sugar and coconut and mix together until thoroughly combined.
- Pour over the milk and oil and mix throughly until you have a thick batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared tin (it should be full) and bake in the centre of the oven for 45-50 minutes. The loaf should be slightly risen and golden brown. Cracks are normal. A skewer inserted in the centre should come out clean.
- Leave to cool in the tin for a ten minutes before turning out into a wire rack to cool completely.
- The loaf should store for upto 3 days in an airtight container, if you don’t eat it before then!
*This article contains affiliate links. By using these it allows us to continue testing and reviewing new products.*