Flapjacks are one of those quick, easy, delicious treats that everyone craves from time to time. They’re versatile, easy to add to and a quick tasty snack on the run.
Here we have our basic recipe we use all the time. We bake these as is, add dried fruits, dip in chocolate… basically anything you can imagine.
This recipe will make 12 small flapjacks and takes about 30 minutes to make.
- 250g Gluten Free Porridge Oats.
- 125g Dark Brown Sugar
- 125g Dairy, Soya free Butter
- 2-3 tablespoons golden syrup. (We use 3 tablespoons as like them extra gooey)
- Grease an 8inch square baking tin. We use a loose bottom tin for easy removal.
- Preheat the oven to 180c.
- Add all of the ingredients into either a food processor or large bowl. If using a food processor, blitz until fully combined but do not allow to oats to get broken down too much. If using a bowl, beat together with a wooden spoon until fully combined.
- Spoon into the baking tin and using the back of a spoon press down into the corners. Score with a sharp knife into the desired number of squares.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 18-20 minutes until golden brown.
- Allow to cool in the tin for 5-10 minutes before transferring onto a wire rack to allow to fully cool.