Each way of making this mousse takes no longer than 30 minutes. It can be eaten straight away or refrigerated and will last 3-4 days if kept refrigerated.
Method 1 – Coconut Cream.
This method does take a little preparation before starting. However once started is very quick and easy. This recipe will be enough for 2 individual servings.
- 1 tin full fat coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon vegan dark chocolate chips (70%)
- Place the can of coconut milk into the fridge. Do not shake the can either before or after placing into the refrigerator. You want the “cream” to solidify at the top of the can.
- Spoon out the cream into a bowl brings careful not to transfer the liquid below the cream. Discard the liquid.
- Add the icing sugar to the coconut cream and using a handheld mixer, whisk on high for 2-3 minutes until the mixture is thick and creamy.
- Add the cocoa powder, salt and chocolate chips and fold in until fully combined.
- Spoon into individual serving glasses.
- Serve with raspberries or strawberries.
Method 2 – Avocado
This method is quick, simple and can be ready to eat within 15 minutes. This recipe will be enough for 4 individual servings.
- 2 large or 3 medium avocados. Destoned and skin removed.
- 3/4 cup Dark chocolate (70%) chips or squares.
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder.
- 1/4 cup dairy free milk (we used almond)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- Melt the dark chocolate either over a pan of boiling water, or carefully in the microwave. I prefer to spend a little extra time to do it over a pan of boiling water as there’s less chance of it burning.
- Into the bowl of a food processor add the avocado, melted chocolate, cocoa powder, milk, vanilla and salt.
- Pulse until completely smooth and combined. Scrape down the sides regularly to ensure there’s no lumps.
- Serve into individual glasses with raspberries or strawberries.
*You can also freeze this mixture into ice lolly moulds and eat frozen. It’s equally as delicious.*