Roo wanted to bake this morning and I’ve fancied Rocky road for a while. It’s super easy to make so I thought it would be the perfect thing for him to turn his hand to. I must say he’s done an amazing job. These are super sweet, packed full of yummyness and super easy to make.
You can add more or less anything you like to a rocky road but the general consensus is marshmallows and crushed biscuits are a must. We added glacé cherries into this batch as we both have a huge soft spot for them.
- 200g dark (70%) chocolate. We used chocolate chips but any type is fine.
- 3 tablespoons golden syrup.
- 135g dairy free and soya free margarine.
- Atleast 300g add ins. For this version we used 100g each gluten, dairy and soya free biscuits, 100g mini marshmallows and 100g glacé cherries.
- Line your tin of choice with parchment paper. We use an 8 inch loose bottomed square baking tin.
- Place the biscuits into a food bag and using a rolling pin or your hand break into small chunks. We crush some down to crumbs and leave big chunks too.
- If using dried fruit, such as glacé cherries chop into half atleast.
- In a large saucepan, over a medium heat, melt the chocolate, butter and golden syrup together until completely smooth.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the biscuits, marshmallows and any extras into the chocolate mixture. Stir well to fully combine.
- Pour the mixture into your prepared tin and place into the refrigerator for atleast 2 hours.
- Cut into the desired number of servings and store in an airtight container in the fridge. These will last for 4-5 days.