Rice pudding is delicious and homemade is always the best in our opinion. We’ve had awful cold and wet weather the last few days and rice pudding is one of the best comfort foods to warm you from the inside.
Follow our recipe below and you’ll have a beautiful rice pudding in less than 30 minutes. The recipe below will serve 6-8 depending on portion size.
Top with some fresh berries or jam for a little extra sweet hit.
- 1/2 cup caster sugar.
- 1 1/2 cups pudding rice (any short grain rice will do).
- 1.5 litres dairy free milk. We used almond.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Into a medium sized saucepan add the sugar, rice, vanilla and one cup of milk.
- Heat over a medium heat for about 5 minutes or until the milk has started to soak into the rice.
- Add the milk 1/2 cup at a time, stirring continuously until all of the milk is used.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes until thick and creamy.
- Serve into individual portions.