I don’t think I need to justify this post. Because chocolate. And cake. Perfection on a plate. This cake is soft, light and fluffy. It tastes amazing and you would never know it is free from so many things.
If you want to try one thing from our blog, try this, now. I can guarantee you won’t be disappointed.
- 3 cups Gluten free plain flour.
- 2 cups caster sugar.
- 1.5 teaspoons xantham gum (omit if got flour blend includes gum).
- 2 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda.
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract.
- Pinch of salt.
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder. (Ensure allergy friendly)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon.
- 3/4 cup of sunflower oil.
- 2 tablespoons apple cider or white wine vinegar.
- 2 cups lukewarm water.
- Preheat your oven to 180c and prepare your baking tins of choice. I used the Bundt tin this time but this recipe will work equally as well in any tin.
- In a large bowl combine all of the dry ingredients. Whisk well to ensure fully combined.
- Add all of the wet ingredients into the dry and whisk well until you have a soft, thick batter.
- Pour the batter into your prepared tin/s and place into the centre of the oven. For the Bundt tin it will take 45-50 minutes to bake. Smaller tins will take considerably less so be aware of your cooking times.
- A skewer inserted into the centre of the cake should come out clean.
- Allow to cool in the tin for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.