With just 4 ingredients these are perfect to make last minute.
These rounds are buttery, soft and absolutely delicious. They’re super easy to make and only take about 10 minutes of work. The dough does need to be rested for 30 minutes before rolling.
- 200g dairy free, soya free margarine.
- 100g caster sugar.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- 300g gluten free plain flour.
- In a large bowl cream together the margarine, sugar and vanilla extract until soft and fluffy
- Sieve in the flour and using a wooden spoon stir well to combine. I like to use my hands once the dough has started to combine.
- Once the dough comes together into a ball wrap into cling film and rest in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 160c and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Once the dough is rested, flour your surface and roll out the dough to about 1/2 inch thick. Cut out the rounds and reroll the dough until all of the dough is used up. You will get about 16 biscuits.
- Sprinkle with a little extra caster sugar.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 10-12 minutes until starting to turn golden at the edges. Swap the trays half way through cooking to allow the biscuits to cook evenly.
- Transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool fully before serving or storing.