I love quick and easy, one pot meals. Less washing up, tasty and healthy meals and less time cooking. What more could anyone want?
Chicken is a staple in our house and Roo is always asking for chicken and something so I know dinner will be eaten if chicken adorns the plate. Chorizo is so tasty and imparts such a delicious flavour and subtle smokiness but we can normally only find products that contain milk. By chance I found a pack of Chorizo bites near the Tesco deli counter that was free from our main allergens and so I snapped up a couple of packs. I have wanted to make this dish for Roo for so long and now I’ve finally found safe Chorizo it was straight onto the meal plan.
This dish is so versatile you can add or take things away and the flavour won’t be affected too significantly. I personally steam some veg for the side but everything else gets thrown onto the tray to roast in the oven.
It takes no more than 10 minutes to prepare and 1 hour in the oven. You can easily change quantities to suit how many you’re cooking for to avoid waste.
- Chicken thighs – 2 per adult and 1 per child (or appetite dependent)
- Chorizo – we used this 80g pack and split it between 3 meals. Again this is dependent on appetite.
- White potatoes – Again appetite dependent but we used 1 medium potato per person.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- 2 teaspoons ground oregano.
- A pinch of salt and pepper to season.
- *Optional – red onion, carrots, sweet potato etc.
- Preheat the oven to 180c.
- Onto a large baking tray place the chicken thighs. Chop the Chorizo into bite sized pieces or if using chorizo bites just place these onto the tray with the chicken.
- Peel and cut the potatoes into quarters and then add these to the tray also. Add any extras at this point.
- Sprinkle over the oregano, salt and pepper and then drizzle over the olive oil.
- Place into the centre of the oven and allow to bake for 1 hour. Check after about 30 minutes and loosely cover with foil if anything is starting to burn.
- Serve with any extra vegetables.