Easter is just around the corner so of course we need Easter themed treats. These little lemon cupcakes are the perfect size, super tasty, and adorably cute with the jellybeans on top as decoration. We would normally of used mini eggs if we weren’t worried about allergens but these jellybeans are the perfect alternative.
- 240ml Dairy Free Milk of choice (we used almond)
- Juice and zest of half a lemon
- 150g Gluten Free Self Raising Flour (we used Doves Farm)
- 2 tablespoons Cornflour
- 150g Caster Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 75g Dairy and Soya free Margarine
- 75g Trex
- 300g Icing Sugar
- Juice of Half a Lemon
- Jellybeans or similar
- Preheat the oven to 180c and line a cupcake tray with paper cases. Spray each case with a little oil.
- In a jug, mix the milk, lemon juice and zest and leave for a few minutes to “cuddle”.
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, cornflour and sugar until well combined.
- Add the milk mixture to the dry ingredients and add the vanilla. Whisk well until smooth and you have a thick, runny batter.
- Divide the batter between the paper cases and place into the centre of the oven. Bake for 20-25 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely before decorating.
- For the butter cream, beat the Margarine and Trex well until smooth. Add the icing sugar and lemon juice and continue to beat until you have a smooth, pipeable cream. You may need to add a little milk, a tablespoon at a time if it’s too thick.
- Pipe onto the cakes with a large star nozzle and then top with 3-4 jellybeans on each cake.