Snacks and treats are a staple in any household, especially when you have children! We all know that prepacked snack bars can be costly so I do like to make what I can at home. These Oat Bars are brilliant as they’re so versatile. This time we added cranberries, raisins and mini vegan marshmallows, but you can leave them plain or add anything you like in!
They are super simple to make, taking no more than 15 minutes preparation and then as little as 30 minutes to set in the fridge. No baking needed! They can then be stored in the fridge to keep a firm bar or stored in an airtight container out of the fridge for a softer bar.
This recipe will make approximately 16-20 Bars depending on the size you cut them and how thick you pack them onto the tray.
- 2-3 cups Gluten Free Rolled Oats.
- 1 Cup Peanut Butter, we like to use a smooth Butter but any can be used.
- 1/2 cup Honey or Golden syrup if you want a vegan bar.
- 1/2-1 cup of any mix throughs you want I.e. Raisins, Cranberries, dried apricots, mini marshmallows, nuts.
- Line a suitable dish. We used a 9inch loose bottom square cake tin and just filled up one side.
- In a bowl or large saucepan add the peanut butter and honey it syrup. If using a bowl place into the microwave in 30 second bursts to warm slightly to make it easier to mix together. If using a pan heat over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes until warm to the touch and easier to mix together.
- Ensure the peanut butter and honey or syrup is mixed well. Tip in 2 cups of the oats, you may need less or more depending on the oats and peanut butter you use. Stir well until fully combined. Add more oats if the mixture is loose. You want it to be packed with Oats.
- Add any mix throughs and stir well to combine.
- Pour into the prepared dish and press down firmly with the back of a spoon or your hands.
- Place into the fridge for atleast 30 minutes then slice into your desired chunks.