We all know what kids can be like, especially in summer. They love ice cream and ice lollies and ask for them, somewhat, relentlessly. I hate giving David masses of sugar laden pre packaged lollies and ice creams and even pre packaged sorbets can be relatively unhealthy with additives.
If you’re anything like us we always have a freezer full of various fruits that we’ve gotten on offer or bought pre frozen. It can take less than 5 minutes and 3 simple ingredients to make this delicious sorbet. On this occasion we made mango but almost any frozen fruit will work. Raspberry, strawberry and melon are also firm favourites for us. This simple recipe makes enough for 2 small portions or 1 larger portion.
- 225g frozen fruit of choice, in small chunks.
- 1 teaspoon Agave syrup. You could also use maple syrup or another alternative.
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice. This is fine from a bottle.
- Into a high powered blender add the fruit, syrup and lemon juice.
- Blend in 30 second bursts until the fruit has blended to a smooth consistency. Ensure to blend in short bursts to ensure the blades don’t heat up and melt the fruit.
- Serve immediately or freeze until needed.