Search no further for we have found the most amazing recipe for soft, squidgy, moreish, moist cookies. We absolutely love adding dried apricots so I’ve used our recipe for those, however you could easily swap the apricots for any other filling or add extras like nuts or chocolate chips.
With no more than 15 minutes preparation you can make a batch of 9 delicious cookies that everyone will enjoy. These will store in an airtight container for 3-4 days but we normally don’t have them lying around that long!
- 100g Dairy and Soya free Cream cheese. We like vitalite.
- 100g Dairy and Soya free Margarine.
- 100g Caster Sugar.
- 85g Gluten Free Plain Flour. We like Doves Farm.
- 1/2 teaspoon Xantham Gum.
- 75g Dried Apricots, chopped small.
- Preheat the oven to 180c. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Cream together the cheese and margarine in a large bowl. Add the caster sugar and beat well to combine.
- Add the flour slowly and fold in until fully combined.
- Fold in the apricots until dispersed evenly.
- The mixture will be sticky, don’t worry about this. Use a dessert spoon to drop spoonfuls of dough onto the baking tray, approximately 1 inch apart.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
- Allow to cool on the tray for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack. Cool completely before serving.