3 ingredients. No added sugar. Prepared in less than 5 minutes. Great use of left over fruit. What more could you want from a recipe? Something incredibly tasty and satisfying will be produced from the most simple and easy recipe you’ve ever come across.
Now of course you can make these more complex by adding extras but as is they’re absolutely amazing. You wouldn’t believe they were so simple. Take into account the preparation time, bake time and cool time and you could quite possibly be enjoying these cookies no longer than 30 minutes after deciding to make them! You couldn’t ask for quicker without opening a pack of sugar laden biscuits. And (if they last that long) they will keep well in an airtight container for 2-3 days.
- 2 very ripe bananas.
- 3/4 – 1 cup (50-75g) Gluten Free Oats.
- 2 tablespoons cacao or cocoa powder.
- Preheat the oven to 180c and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Place the bananas into a mixing bowl and mash with the back of a fork. Mix through the cacao and Oats until well combined.
- Scoop small amounts of mixture onto the prepared baking tray and smooth with the back of a spoon. They won’t spread or rise so don’t be afraid to pop them close together. You’ll get 8-12 cookies depending on the size.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 10-12 minutes until firm.
- Allow to cool.