Not long ago I brought you Banana Blondies, now I bring you Almond Butter Blondies. Equally delicious, equally quick and easy but just another take on the joy that is the Blondie. Not everyone loves bananas, not everyone can eat almonds so we have something for everyone (hopefully!). Find the Banana Blondies recipe here.
Super quick and simple to make you could be enjoying this bite of heaven within less than an hour (cooling time included!) 5 minutes, 1 bowl, 1 tray and 1 spoon so very minimal washing up too, Bonus! I can’t guarantee you’ll need to store these but if you do use an airtight container and they’ll be good for 2-3 days. I line my container with a little greaseproof paper.
- 1 tablespoon Chia seeds.
- 3 tablespoons water.
- 200g Almond Butter. Smooth or crunchy works fine. I used a jar of almond butter but you can definitely use home made too.
- 100g Soft Light Brown Sugar.
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract.
- 1/2 teaspoon Bicarbonate of Soda.
- 100g Chocolate chips, Dairy and soya free.
- Preheat the oven to 180c and line a square 8-9 inch baking tin with greaseproof paper.
- Into a bowl add the Chia seeds and water and stir until you get a thick mixture.
- Add the almond butter, sugar, vanilla and Bicarbonate of Soda and mix well until fully combined.
- Fold the chocolate chips into the mixture. You will have a very thick batter.
- Spoon the batter into the baking tin and flatten with a spatula or your hands.
- Place into the centre of the preheated oven for 18-20 minutes until golden.
- Allow to cool completely before slicing. This step is essential and they cut a lot better if allowed to cool properly.